Friday, February 20, 2009

Starting to blog - mmmm

So here is my first blog and let me tell you. It is scary. It has been a long time since i have written anything that will be read by anyone more than my future nostalgic self! So, what do I want to write about. What do I care about enough to bother to try and share with other people. I like this question, its making me really think. I guess something i really care about and something that has been on my mind a lot over the last few days is the notion of community. Its probably the main reason i navigated to bloggers.com, picked my little theme for my page and started to write. I want to be part of something, i want to contribute and i want to think on some level im helping. I attended a workshop recently on Social Media Networking and have been so inspired since. The idea that individuals now have mass media in their own hands, that people want and are interested in listening to their virtual next door neighbour stirs the revolutionary within me. No longer can we be duped into thinking and believing what those with a bit of cash want us to believe. The scope of this is so far reaching and im glad i realise this.

I truly believe in my fellow man. I believe we want to be good and we want to contribute positively to this world but i am not naive enough to believe that this is always what happens. Humans are capable of such brutality born out of jealousy and hate that i often feel disillusioned and powerless. But from that a small spark always strikes and i realise that at the core of all of us is a want for love and acceptance. This want can breed compassion and altruism but can also lead us down the other path. Isnt it interesting that that these most opposite of feelings are really just two sides of the same coin. However i do not believe we randomly fall on the heads or the tails but that we make that tough choice to ignore sometimes the base instinct to screw over our fellow man and decide to be good. It is one hell of a hard choice which sometime i fail at but the intention alone helps me to keep my faith the world is truly a romantic and fantastical place to be. 

Wow that lead me down some path, my first blog; ive enjoyed it.

2 comments:

  1. Ah! Tasha! Glad to see you joined us in the blogging universe:-) A very nice first blog too! oooh, check out my other blog on my profile, you may like it, it's all about my dreams and nightmares:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you aren't just everywhere now. on the front line of all the latest internet communication. well it's good to see you in the blogoshpere, maybe it will inspire me to write a blog post longer than 140 characters.

    i'll be checking to see that you are updating it regularly. ah blog guilt already

    ReplyDelete